Monday, March 31, 2008

Manic Monday

It is slushing here. I've never really witnessed anything like it. There is snow and rain at the same time and it is creating slush. Schools are closing early and that means I have to work from home. I don't like working from home anymore. I like being able to leave work at work, that is why I started paying rent on 5,000 square feet of space (granted 2,500 square feet is basement). I leave a week from tomorrow on vacation. I have a lot to get done before I leave.
Trinity stayed the weekend at my sister's house. She had a blast and apparently she doesn't have a bedtime there. My nephew told me she went to bed at midnight Friday evening and 11 pm Saturday evening. My sister is 15 years older than me and has 3 of her own children, all grown, and is about to become a grandmother. She should know better. But Trinity has a great time there and I guess that trumps a late bedtime. However, she was cranky this morning while we were getting ready for school. The retraining is the only thing that annoys me about her weekend visits.
My weekend was pretty good. We had our tax appt on Saturday and got better news than we expected, but still not great news. That is okay, though. It was the first year of having the business out of the house. I also got a lot of dishes done. Dishes are the down side to not eating out. I'm trying to learn to balance this new phenomenon to save money. It is tricky.
I'm having some serious issues with my Mom right now, but I'm still internally processing them, so that blog entry will have to wait.
I'm very excited because I was asked to take the cast picture for the local theatre production of "Father of the Bride". I get to do that tomorrow. Yippee!

1 comment:

Penny said...

Good luck at the shoot!

I have similar annoyances when Tim goes to stay with my folks. Their schedule is totally different to ours so Tim tends to sleep, wake and eat later there than at home. It's okay but makes for trickiness when it's time to come home.

Dishwashers are great things ;)